Contact Laura Stanger for information about Religious Education, Baptisms, First Eucharist, First Reconciliation. 425-823-0787The Archdiocese of Seattle requires all Church Personnel (defined as all clergy, all employees and all volunteers who have ongoing, unsupervised contact with minors or vulnerable adults) to take part in our Safe Environments program in three ways:
- Successfully undergo a criminal background check every three years.
- Complete the Protecting God’s Children course within 90 days of beginning service.
- Read and sign the Archdiocesan policies of conduct.
You may complete these requirements by accessing Virtus database , follow the directions under the “registration” tab.
The Factory doors open for kids 4 years old through 5th Grade on Tuesday June 27th through Friday June 30th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm each day. It is a 4 day camp! Camp fills up quickly so sign up soon! The fee is $75.00 per child or 150.00 for 3 or more children in your family.
Scholarships are available. IF parents or adults in a family over 18 years of age, volunteer to help, your children are free! Print up your Fun Maker Factory registration form today! Send it into the office or drop it by!
Celebrating Children at St. John Vianney Parish
To the parents of young children, may we suggest… relax, God put the wiggle in children, don’t feel you have to suppress it in His house.
- Sit toward the front where it is easy for children to see and hear.
- Help your child follow along in the Mass by suing the Magnifikid booklets provided by the hospitality ministers as you enter church.
- Sing the hymns, pray the prayers and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by watching you.
- If you need to leave mass with your child, please feel free to do so, but please come back.
- Remember that the way we welcome children into the church directly affects the way they respond to the Church. Let them know they are at home in this liturgical space.
- The parish nursery is available for free at the bottom of the stairs. It is staffed at the Sunday morning 8:30 am Mass and the 10:30 am Mass. The sound system from the church is pumped into the nursery. If you would like to stay down stairs with your child, you may, and you can still hear what is going on in the liturgy.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word is offered during the Sunday 10:30 Mass all year long. Children do not need to register to come. Children 3 years old and up are welcomed, with or without a parent. They will be dismissed by Father right after the opening prayer and will return to the church right after the Homily. The kids will hear the gospel reading for that Sunday’s Liturgy and have time to talk about it, and explore it more than they do if they were in the Mass with the adults. There is no fee for Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
Baptism Preparation for children and infants:
Parents who are seeking baptism for children who are newborn up to 7 years old are asked to participate in a Baptism Preparation Program.
|Baptism Class/Rehearsal||Baptism Celebration|
|7:00 pm Tuesday June 7, 2016||10:30 am Sunday June 12, 2016|
|7:00 pm Tuesday Aug. 2, 2016||10:30 am Sunday Aug. 7, 2016|
|7:00 pm Tuesday Oct. 18, 2016||10:30 am Sunday Oct. 23, 2016|
|7:00 pm Tuesday Nov.29, 2016||10:30 am Sunday Dec. 4, 2016|
|7:00 pm Tuesday Feb. 21, 2017||10:30 am Sunday Feb. 26, 2017|
|7:00 pm Tuesday April 25, 2017||10:30 am Sunday April 30, 2017|
|7:00 pm Tuesday June 6, 2017||10:30 am Sunday June 11, 2017|
Before your child is Baptized we will need the following paperwork:
- Parish registration form -if you are not already registered
- At least one parents attendance at the Baptism Class (both Parents and Godparents are encouraged to come)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- Baptism Registration form
- Godparent information and requirements
- A letter from the parish saying that your Godparents are able to fulfill the responsibilites of being a Godparent.
Baptism Preparation for Children over the age of Seven Years:
Children over 7 years will come into the church through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, adapted for children.
They will receive the gifts of the Sacraments of: Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist, all at once at the during our Easter Vigil Celebration. Children will attend classes along with their parents to grow and learn about Our Catholic Faith. They will participate in a number of beautiful rites with the entire parish community praying for them on their journey.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist Preparation 2016-17
First Reconciliation (Confession, penance) Children at or about the age of 7 years must have received the curriculum for the Sacrament of Reconciliation before they begin learning about the Sacrament of First Eucharist.
We will begin our Preparation Session for 2016-17 school year in September. Dates and times are below: A supply fee of 75.00 per child is requested.
Sacramental Preparation is a Family Focused opportunity. We provide parents with the curriculum to teach at home and then ask Parents and children to attend a monthy class as they prepare for these wonderful sacraments. Child care is provided for younger siblings during our sessions. Sessions are scheduled on Friday nights at 7:00 pm or Saturday mornings at 10:00 am. We repeat the same session twice, if on one month you can’t make it on a Friday just come on Saturday instead.
|First Reconciliation Session #1||Friday. September 23, 2016 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 10:00 am|
|First Reconciliation Session #2||Friday. October 21, 2016 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 10:00 am|
|First Reconciliation Session #3||Friday November 18, 2016 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 10:00 am|
|Celebration of the Sacrament of First Reconciliation||Tuesday December 6, 2016 at 7:00 pm|
|First Eucharist Session #1||Friday January 20, 2017 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 10:00 am|
|First Eucharist Session #2||Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 at 10:00 am|
|First Eucharist Session #3||Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm or Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10:00 am|
|First Eucharist Retreat||Sunday April 23, 2017 1-4 PM at the Parish|
|Rehearsal for First Eucharist||Friday May 19, 2017 at 7:00 pm|
|Celebration of the Sacrament of First Holy Communion||Sunday May 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm Liturgy|
|First Communicants may lead the may lead the May Crowning Procession on Sunday May 14th at the 10:30 am Mass wearing their First Communion Clothing!|
Mom’s Morning Out:
Children ages 1-5 are invited to join us in the parish nursery from 9:30 am until 12 noon each Wednesday, registration is required. Parents can drop off thier children for child care and some catechesis while thier parent is free to get things done on thier own. There is a registration form to be filled out and there is often a waiting list for this ministry. There is a fee of $12.00 per day per child or $24.00 per family of 3 or more.
St. John Mary Vianney Catholic Preschool:
Please see the Preschool tab on the main webpage for a brochure, registration form and information about the amazing gift this program is to our children and families.
Catechism Club Registration forms:
Catholic Kids’ Catechism Club grew out of the dreams of Laura Stanger, our Pastoral Assistant for Children and Family Life, and Chris Lystad, Catholic Kids’ Catechism Club’s Consultant-o-Fun! They wanted to have the joy and excitement that comes from a Vacation Bible School Experience lived out in our year round faith formation program.
Clubhouses compete against each other in challenges based on each grade levels individual Archdiocesan Curriculum Guidelines. Kids’ play icebreaker games for points, we pray together, memorize prayers and vocabulary words and complete challenges, that use many senses to bring the meaning of our Faith to life. We also proclaim the Gospel in an opening activity each week.
Each clubhouse completes tasks with the guidance of thier Clubhouse Leader or othe specialist who help support them.
CATHOLIC KIDS’ CATECHISM CLUB
- Early Birds– ages 3 years to 5 years or in Kindergarten- During the Sunday 8:30 am Sunday Mass. We begin our session in room #6 and finish the session in our preschool room Room #2. Parents pick their child up at 9:45 am in room #2.
- God’s Gang– Children in Grade 1- God’s Gang’s Clubhouse members learn about God and Creation in their first year in Catechism Club. Their clubhouse color is YELLOW and they gather at the Yellow Mat in room #6 on Sunday mornings at 9:15-10:20 am or at 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday Nights.
- Meal Makers-Children in Grade 2- Meal Maker’s Clubhouse members learn about the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist their second year in Catechism Club. Their clubhouse color is RED and they gather on the Red Mat on Sunday mornings at 9:15-10:20 am or at 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday Nights.
- Faithful Followers-Children in Grade 3- Faithful Follower’s Clubhouse members learn about The Catholic Church and Saints in their first year in Catechism Club. Their clubhouse color is BLUE and they gather at the Blue Mat on Sunday mornings at 9:15-10:20 am or at 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday Nights.
- Busy Bees– Children in Grade 4- Busy Bee’s Clubhouse members learn about The Beatitudes, Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy and moral decision making in their forth year in Catechism Club. Their clubhouse color is Green and they gather at the Green Mat on Sunday mornings at 9:15-10:20 am or at 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday Nights.
- Lucky Sevens-Children in Grade 5- Lucky Sevens Clubhouse members learn about the Seven Sacraments in thier fifth year in Catechism Club. Their clubhouse color is Purple and they gather at the White canvas mat colored with purple marker on Sunday mornings at 9:15-10:20 am or at 7:00-8:00 pm on Monday Nights.
Catholic Kids’ Catechism Club 2016-17 Schedule
Kids 3 years old through Kindergarten will attend our Early childhood program from 8:30 am on Sundays only. The class ends at 9:45 am.
Kids 1st Grade through 5th Grade can come to our Sunday Sessions at 9:15 am to 10:20 am or our Monday Sessions from 7-8 pm.
Sunday October 2, 2016 or Monday October 3, 2016 Kick off parent and child session
Sunday October 9 or Monday October 10 Study Buddy Session Whirled Series! NO CKCC
Sunday October 16, 2016 or Monday October 17, 2016- session #2
Sunday October 23, 2016 or Monday October 24, 2016- session #3
Friday October 28th, Parish trunk or Treat event!
Sunday October 30, 2016 session #4 (Parish Family Auction– following all masses)
(NO CKCC on MONDAY OCTOBER 31)
Saturday November 12, 2016 Cemetery Tour- Holy Rood Cemetery 1 pm Session #5
Sunday November 13 or Monday November 14 Session #6
(NO CKCC Sunday NOVEMBER 6 or MONDAY NOVEMBER 7 DUE TO PARISH AUCTION)
Sunday November 20, 2016 or Monday November 21, 2016- session #7
NO CKCC NOVEMBER 27 OR 28 DUE TO THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
Sunday December 4, 2016 or Monday December 5, 2016 – session #8
Sunday December 11, 2016 or Monday December 12, 2016- session #9
(Christmas break– December 18– January 1st)
Sunday January 8, 2017 or Monday January 9, 2017 – session #10
(NO CKCC January 15 or 16 MLK Holiday)
Sunday January 22, 2017 or Monday January 23, 2017- session #11 Training Camp
Sunday January 29, 2017 or Monday January 30, 2017– session #12 Training Camp
Sunday February 5, 2017 Superbowl Sundae or Monday February 6, 2017 Superbowl Monday
Sunday February 12, 2017 or Monday February 13, 2017– session #13
NO CKCC February 19, 2017 or February 20, 2017 due to mid winter break.
Sunday February 26, 2017 or Monday February 27, 2017– session #14
ASH WEDNESDAY—MARCH 1
Sunday March 5, 2017 or Monday March 6, 2017 –session #15
Sunday March 12, 2017 or Monday March 13, 2017- session #16
Sunday March 19, 2017 or Monday March 20, 2017- session #17
Sunday March 26, 2017 or Monday March 27, 2017-session #18
NO CKCC April 2 or April 3 due to LWSD Spring Break
Sunday April 9, 2017 or Monday April 10, 2017- session #19
NO CKCC SUNDAY April 16, 2017 Monday April 17, 2017 DUE TO EASTER
Sunday April 23, 2017 or Monday April 24, 2017- session #20– Friendship day!
Bring a friend!
Sunday April 30, 2017 or Monday May 1, 2017- session #21-
Sunday May 7, 2017 1-3 pm final survivor party!!!
Friday May 12th: 5th grade overnight
- Lucky Winner for CKCC party to be announced!